Job Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Job Description: Contracts Manager
Interuniversity Services Inc. (ISI) is recruiting for a Contracts Manager to join our small effective team of higher-education procurement professionals. This is a full time position that is scheduled to begin immediately.
ISI operates as a not-for-profit organization with strong support from our members at the strategic and operational level. For 30 years ISI has worked with its members, 18 universities and community colleges in Atlantic Canada to develop opportunities to reduce costs and increase value through collaboration on the acquisition of goods and services. From negotiating requests for proposals and tenders to facilitating networking within our member institutions to coordinating one of the largest employee benefits programs in Atlantic Canada: ISI is the lynchpin that brings members, resources and discoveries together to facilitate growth and collaboration.
In 2013 alone, ISI members have realized in excess of $3.67 million in savings through collaborative contracting. Learn more about ISI by visiting http://interuniversity.ns.ca/
The Contracts Manager will be a key member of ISI’s procurement team. Reporting to the CEO, success in this position will be based on your passion for public procurement, your strong organization skills and your realization of the value of effective communication.
ISI will be looking to our newest team member to:
• Bring a knowledge of and passion for public procurement that will allow you to fulfil your responsibility to be accountable for your suite of assigned contracts. In consultation with our members you will be expected to manage the RFP development, proposal analysis, preferred provider selection and contract development activities.
• Take a leadership role in the implementation of a more structured project management approach to all our contracts.
• Communicate effectively with our members and our contracted suppliers to ensure that your contracts are responsive to the members’ needs and also that you are able to take full advantage of their input and knowledge.
• Be guided by the mission, vision and values of ISI.
• A combination of post-secondary education and work experience that will provide you with the knowledge and ability to meet the responsibilities of the position.
• Strong technical and analytical skills that will allow you to successfully leverage our various tools such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Project Management software.
• Proven ability to work independently and be accountable for the responsibilities assigned.
• Work effectively with our small team at ISI, in addition to working with all levels of member representatives, including procurement professionals and subject matter experts.
• We offer a competitive compensation package complete with a full suite of employee benefits.
• We work within a new and modern office environment located on a bus route in Bayers Lake (free parking).
• You get to work with a great team of colleagues at ISI and within our member institutions.
As an equal opportunity employer, Interuniversity Services Inc. values diversity in its workforce and encourages all qualified individuals to apply.
Form of Application:
Visit Career Beacon (http://www.careerbeacon.com/search/en/lang=en/3/62/6/0/-1/-1,-1I/-1/-1/50/3/MB1405157482) or submit a cover letter and resume to Helen Harris (Helen.email@example.com). Applicants are encouraged to apply on or before June 3, 2014. ISI will be accepting applications until such time as the position is filled.